Historic Turner Valley
In the Heart of the Cowboy Trail
Mountains at our doorstep
Local Interest - Things to do
INSTEREST - THINGS TO DO
- An outdoor pool in Turner Valley.
- Historical exhibits of the early days of oil in Turner Valley.
- Summer tours of Turner Valley's national historic Gas Plant & Oilfields.
- Driving tour pamphlets are available.
- An 18-hole golf course Turner
Valley Golf & Country Club.
- The Friendship Trail - a leisurely 3 kilometer path for walking,
jogging or biking down the Sheep River Valley to Black Diamond.
- A wide variety of art & crafts from the larger number of artisans
who have been drawn to & inspired by the landscape around us.
- Weekend summer markets where you can find a treasure, or something
for that picnic lunch.
- Curling, bowling, a tennis court or a family skate at the outdoor
- Borrow a few tubes & make like the local families, tubing down the
- To get suggestions on where to soak up our local western lifestyle
& cowboy culture, please see our THE HEART OF THE
COWBOY TRAIL page for the Bar U Ranch, Head Smashed-In Buffalo Jump,
trail riding & more.
- To soak up a bit of our unique Alberta radio, sample some live www.ckua.org
- To see more of what Black Diamond have to offer, see the town links
in our HISTORICAL TURNER VALLEY page.